Turning crude oil into valuable products like gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, fuel oils and lubricating oils for commercial sale
As feedstocks continue to get heavier, refineries are under pressure to achieve the most value out of them while searching for viable processing alternatives. We offer hydroprocessing solutions that are designed to handle all feedstocks (crude oil, renewables, natural/shale gas, coal tar/shale oil) and still ensure reliable, stable and profitable hydrocracking and hydrotreating.
With hydroprocessing, crude oil is processed into a range of products for commercial sale. Possible end products after hydrocracking and hydrotreating include gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, fuel oils and lubricating oils.
Our technology experts develop profiles, determine which catalysts are appropriate, and establish the ideal solution for our customers' hydroprocessing plants.
- Decreases the amount of sulfur, unsaturated hydrocarbons and nitrogen in the petroleum by increasing amount of hydrogen
- Purifies the fuel and improves its value
- Decreases the environmental impact of end-product
- Lower sulfur amount provides a higher-quality fuel
- Better smell and color of the fuel
- Most of the sulfur produced annually comes from this process
- Adjusting refinery production activities to meet changing needs
- Converts feedstock into more usable components, to recover more value from crude oil and meet the demand for specific products
- Feedstock is blended with a catalyst to crack the long, heavy chemical chains in the crude oil
- Conversion with the help of hydrogen and catalysts to create new chemical compounds
- Distillation to recover gasoline, jet fuel, and other useful components after the hydrocracking process is complete
Haldor Topsoe's superior process designs, performance catalysts and proprietary equipment ensure significantly longer cycle length. At the same time, yield and plant availability are increased while energy consumption and CO2 emissions are reduced. About 50 % of the world´s ultra-low sulfur diesel hydrotreating units apply Haldor Topsoe catalysts.
The available Haldor Topsoe portfolio also includes a full range of solutions for emissions management and the efficient and reliable production of high quality hydrogen, ensuring our customers benefit from all potential synergies with minimum environmental impact.